Transcribed talk given by R.T.Parr to the Broughton Society 1993.
View south from Queenwood Rise.
Two page article from Hampshire Magazine January 1978 by John Simms "Wartime and Happy Days" describes his family's escape to Broughton 1939-45 and life in the village for a town-boy during wartime. Topics include housing, schooling, farming, countryside, animals and birds, transport, church services.
Bossington House from across River Test.
Broughton Cottages from North with no big elms.
Copy of a poem written by H. G. Cozens.
Aerial photo of Broughton House taken about 1971.
Broughton village in the distance taken from Timons Glory.
View from Knoll Bungalow to south
From an album, girls on plank bridge over Deep Ford.
Children on concrete bridge over Deep Ford.
View of Deep Ford taken from bottom of the Hollow looking East. The three girls on footbridge are Molly Hampton, Dorcas Hunt, and Emily Davis (Mary D).
Dog on tractor with South East end of farm in the background.
View south down the Wallop Brook from near Buckbridge looking towards Driscolls cottage (thatched) and Fernleigh (renamed Pippins in c1978 and Orchardton in 2020). Blackbirds' (now Aylesbury House) gables hidden behind fir tree. The house called "Blackbirds" today (2020) was originally outbuildings ...
School camp on the Downs from an album of photographs taken at Queenwood College.
School Encampment on the Downs from an album of photographs taken at Queenwood College.
Hildon Avenue, Broughton. Beech trees
View from of Manor Farm from Chalk Bank Cottage across flooded water meadows. Farm with thatched barns, door in South West wall of house is to bacon curing room.
View North East across water meadows of bridge and Manor Farm.
View of Meadow Cottages looking east across Wallop brook taken from the meadow at the bottom of Rectory Lane.
View of Meadowsweet when Mr Wallace dug out for a lake